This article is being updated. Please be aware the content herein, not limited to version numbers and slight syntax changes, may not match the output from the most recent versions of Bright. This notation will be removed when the content has been updated.
1. http://support.brightcomputing.com/manuals is where the main documentation for Bright Cluster Manager is at, in the form of manuals.
Manuals for Bright Cluster Manager up to version 6.1 are:
- An Administrator Manual which is intended for system administrators
- A User Manual which is intended for end-users that will be using a Bright cluster for running jobs
For Bright Cluster Manager versions 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3, the manuals are:
- The Administrator Manual which is intended for system administrators
- The User Manual which is intended for end-users that will be using a Bright cluster for running jobs
- The Installation Manual which describes installation procedures.
- The Cloudbursting Manual describes how to deploy the cloud capabilities of the cluster.
- The OpenStack Deployment Manual describes how to deploy OpenStack with Bright Cluster Manager.
- The Hadoop Deployment Manual describes how to deploy Hadoop with Bright Cluster Manager.
- The UCS Deployment Manual describes how to deploy the Cisco UCS server with Bright Cluster Manager.
- The Developer Manual has useful information for developers who would like to program with Bright Cluster Manager.
- The Machine Learning Manual (7.3+ only) describes how to get going with the machine learning packages that are provided with Bright Cluster Manual.
2. The Bright Cluster Manager Knowledge Base (http://kb.brightcomputing.com) is an online collection of faqs, knowledge, tips, background information, and recipes that are not a part of the manuals or reference documentation.
3. Documentation for programmers can also be found in BCM6 and later on the head node in the following locations:
- The JSON reference documentation (file:///cm/local/docs/cmd/json/).
- The SOAP reference documentation (file:////cm/local/apps/cmd/etc/htdocs/)
- The python API reference documentation (file:///cm/local/docs/cmd/python/index.html).
An introduction to the python API is in Bright Cluster Manager:
• in v6.1, in the Administrator Manual in an appendix
• in v7.0+, in the Developer Manual
4. Technical training video modules on using Bright Cluster Manager are available at http://www.brightcomputing.com/training-videos