Please note this article shouldn’t replace the need to contact your vendor for guidance on hardware issues.
Here are some steps that may assist in resolving provisioning issues with SuperMicro BMCs.
- Is the system running the latest BMC firmware? Check the vendor website.
- Have you attempted a BMC reset? “ipmitool mc reset cold”.
- Are you able to ping the IP address of the BMC from the headnode? This may indicate a networking issue.
- Does the BMC user have permissions to change their password?
- The BMC may have a password complexity check, Perhaps the password fails to meet this requirement? Supermicro provides a tool called IPMICFG, it is available here:
This application can be used to check your password complexity.