By default, Torque 3.x (name of packages: torque and torque-client) is setup on a Bright Cluster Manager 6.0 cluster.
However Torque 2.5.x is sometimes preferred by administrators. It can be installed with the following steps:
- Make sure no user jobs are executing or queued.
- Backup your spool directory (usual location: /cm/shared/apps/torque/var/spool).
- Disable torque:
wlm-setup -w torque -d
- Install torque2 and torque2-client packages using yum.
- Install torque2-client into your software images and propagate the changes to your compute nodes.
- Setup torque:
wlm-setup -w torque -m
- Remove module file for torque 3.x, located in /cm/shared/modulefiles/torque/.